CONTEST FOR A NEW LOGO DESIGN
The Holocaust Resource Center of Buffalo (HRC) is seeking a new logo. It has completed a new strategic plan and has a new mission statement. We are asking current students in graphic design in the Buffalo area to create a new logo design. Below are the required elements, our mission and value statement. Ownership would be retained by HRC. Learn more about the organization by visiting hrcbuffalo.org or friend us on facebook.com/HRCOB. A committee will review submitted designs and vote on best design. The winner will receive $250.
Eligibility: Current Western New York College level Graphic Design Students.
Elements of Design
• Clean, simple, compact design
• Works across variety of media: FB, email, print, etc.
• Easy to read and duplicate
• Ability to scale to any size and maintain legibility
• Ability to look good in color, grayscale/black and white
• Respectful and appropriate
• Not sad, depressing
• Final art provided as electronic images jpg, pdf, eps and png
• Reverse would be white logo on a dark background
• If logo is chosen, designer is flexible to make minor changes
• Option: Meet with committee including Holocaust Survivors
• Research – HRC executive director is available for an interview
• Deadline: December 1, 2017
• Winner notification February 1, 2018.
Name and current logo: Holocaust Resource Center of Buffalo
Mission: Teach the Lessons of the Holocaust.
Remember the Survivors and Victims.
Promote social justice, civic responsibility and human rights.
• Teach Lessons of Holocaust by connecting to today’s event
• Genocide must always be taught in relationship to Holocaust
• HRC aims to partner with education experts to teach other genocide atrocities, rather than build expertise itself
• Building Partnerships (programs and education) are means to serve HRC mission
Mailing address: 336 Harris Hill Ave. Suite 302
Williamsville, NY 14221
Contact: Mara Koven-Gelman, executive director, email@example.com